The mission of the Office for Social Justice is to promote and encourage education and action for social justice within the Catholic community of the Archdiocese. The Office also works to bring the message of the Gospel and Church social teaching to public discussions on social issues.
Associate Director: Bob McKeon
Administrative Assistant: Maria Baca
Phone: 780-469-1010 ext. 2247
Or email using the Contact Us button
What we do
- Support social justice initiatives in parishes and in the community.
- Research, educate and take action on issues including: housing, poverty, the environment, aboriginal rights, women, labour and restorative justice.
- Plan and organize educational events.
- Develop educational resources.
- Write briefs and make presentations to governments.
- Work with community organizations and coalitions.
- Facilitate workshops.
- Respond to requests for information